Saturday, September 22, 2012

Pan Seared Steak With Pineapple Relish!



I'm telling ya, steak rocks and rules! Okay, I love red meat of any kind, you wanna get my attention, holler "red meat" and I'm there! Pair it with pineapple relish, salad and cheese biscuits, oh Mama I'm home... 
JD brought me this magazine with these recipes and mentioned that I might make this sometime. I was more than happy to oblige! Both of the recipes were absolutely delicious and so easy. Perfect for a Saturday supper!



Recipe for the pineapple relish:

2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
1/2 diced red onion
1 to 2 tablespoons chopped red jalapeno chile
1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1 tablespoon lime juice





Love fresh pineapple!



Chop, mince, dice and squeeze...


Place all of the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until well blended...


Let the relish stand in the fridge for at least thirty minutes before serving.

For the steak:

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 (1/2 inch thick) boneless beef New York strip steaks
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper


In a small bowl, stir together the Worcestershire sauce and oil. Pat the steaks dry.


Heat one large skillet or 2 medium skillets over medium-high heat until hot. Brush both sides of steaks with the Worcestershire/oil mixture. 


Dueling skillets :) Place the steaks in hot skillets.



Cook 3 minutes for medium-rare or until of desired doneness, turning once. Sprinkle with pepper and serve with the relish. 




It just don't get no better! Sorry for the slang/twang, it was just that mahhhvelous dahhhling!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Dee,
    You recipe for pineapple relish struck a chord. Would you happen to have a good recipe for "chow-chow?" My grandmother used to make it, and I'm dying to try my hand, but so far, haven't been able to find one that meets all the criteria that I remember. I know it has cabbage, green tomatoes, hot pepper or jalapenos.
    Just had to ask...
    Have a blessed one!

    ReplyDelete