Friday, May 11, 2012

Cheesy Burger Tater Tot Casserole!


I digress. I was tired and rushed and I did not take one single photo of the casserole I made last night. Did I mention I was hungry too? Sorry, I'll try to do better. This one is so easy, you don't really need photos to go along with it. I just wish I had made at least one of the finished casserole! Here is a pic of a covered casserole, let your imagination do some work...Enough of that and to what matters! Men and children absolutely devour this one! Burger, Tater Tots, cheese, what's not to love?

Ingredients:
Non-stick cooking spray
1 pound hamburger meat, browned and drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup or 1 can golden mushroom soup. I like to use the cream of mushroom when I make this in warm weather and the golden mushroom, for a deeper flavor when it's cold. That's just me...
1 bag Tater Tots
8 ounces grated, sharp Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven according to directions on Tater Tots

Spray an 8x8 casserole dish with the cooking spray and add the browned and drained burger to the dish. Spread the soup over the burger and arrange the Tater Tots on top until you've covered all of the burger. You won't use all of them, or I never do. Bake uncovered, until the Tots are done and golden brown on top. Remove the casserole from the oven and sprinkle the cheese on top. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted. See, you don't really need a picture, now do you?


No comments:

Post a Comment