Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mexi-lina Corn Casserole!


This one is so easy that it almost makes me ashamed to post it. Almost! It's so delicious that I feel like I'm cheating you if I don't! Last year JD and I took a little trip to a place near Lake Lure, NC. On the way we stopped at a taco truck, of all places and grabbed a bite of lunch. I have no idea what the name of the truck was, but they served a corn dish like this to us and we fell in love! The man graciously told us some of the ingredients he used and not being able to help myself, I came home and toyed and tweaked until I had it just right. I hope you enjoy it as much we do. Thanks taco truck man, whoever you are!





Ingredients for four small servings:
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated

You can easily double or triple the recipe for larger crowds.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.



Place all of the ingredients into a small bowl and mix well. Spray a small casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.


Pour the corn mixture into the dish.


Top with the cheese.


Bake for twenty to twenty five minutes, until it's hot and the cheese has melted.


I usually serve it with fajitas, tacos or anything Mexican. Oh. My. Goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment