Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Classic Hollandaise Sauce


I apologize, I meant to get this yummy recipe for homemade hollandaise sauce posted last night, but I'm me and that's how I roll, (slacker)!
Anyway, here it is, it's simple, inexpensive and absolutely delicious! It's also not my recipe...it's from my Betty Crocker Cookbook, era dinosaur age...

This is the microwave method, which I love, not so much tending to the pot, if you know what I mean!

I'll add my comments in parenthesis. Sorry, but a girl's gotta talk!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
3 tablespoons lemon juice
2 egg yolks, slightly beaten


Microwave 1/2 cup butter uncovered in 1-pint glass measuring cup until melted, 45 to 60 seconds. (set the microwave to power level 3. You know butter and microwaving on high...not too good...)
Add lemon juice. Beat in egg yolks gradually with fork (or whisk.) Microwave uncovered (now on power level 5 to 7) stirring every 15 second, until thickened, about 1 minute total. Do not overcook or sauce will curdle. Let stand 4 minutes before serving.
Y'all this is good stuff, and you have to admit, this is pretty simple, you can do this while the chops are on the grill, the onions are finishing up in the oven, and the broccoli is steaming! (If you're superwoman, that is...)



No comments:

Post a Comment