Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Key Lime Cake!



JD's mother made this cake a couple of months ago for our women's gathering at church and IT WAS WONDERFUL! I wish I had taken a pic or two because it will probably be awhile before I make it. Since it's only JD and myself, I don't make many desserts. We like a 'piece' of something sweet and then we're pretty much done with it, so I don't even bother unless we're having JD's girls over. Still, I wanted to share the recipe with you. It's easy, inexpensive and most of all, delicious!

Ingredients:
For the cake:

1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
4 eggs
1 ((3 ounce package) lime flavored gelatin
3/4 cup orange juice

For the frosting:

1/2 cup butter (softened)
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
4 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions:

Combine cake mix, gelatin, oil, eggs and orange juice. Pour into three greased and floured 8 inch cake pans or a 13x9 inch pan. Bake according to instructions on cake mix box. Allow to cool completely and then frost.

To make the frosting: In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add lime juice and confectioners' sugar. Mix well. Keep finished cake in a cool place.
Note: JD's mom said she use fresh key lime juice for the frosting and I would try to do the same. The taste was unbelievable!


No comments:

Post a Comment