Saturday, May 12, 2012

Spring Slaw!


One of my mother's dearest friends made this slaw for Sunday dinner years ago, and being the 'slaw freak' that I am, I fell for it hook, line and sinker! I've experimented with the recipe through the years sometimes adding some crumbled blue cheese and garlic powder to it. I like it either way though and I think you will too! This makes a wonderful side kick to the Tater Tot Casserole, or pinto beans, or burgers, or just about anything!

Ingredients:

Four Servings

1/2 medium head cabbage, grated
1/2 cup Duke's mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 small tomato, diced
3 small spring onions, thinly sliced

Add all of the ingredients to a medium bowl and mix well. Chill to let the flavors meld. If you want to add blue cheese, a couple of ounces is usually the amount I use, along with a sprinkle of garlic powder. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment