Sunday, September 2, 2012

Chopped Salad, Italian Chicken Salad, and Creamy Italian Dressing!

I do love chicken or turkey salad and I like putting different twists on it from time to time.  This one has turned out to be one of my faves. The Italian herbs and lemon zest were just what I had in mind when I tasted it for the first time. Give it a try!
For the chicken/turkey salad:
1 cup cooked, diced and/or shredded turkey or chicken
zest of one lemon
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme
2 basil leaves, chopped
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/4 cup Duke's mayonnaise
                                      


Add the chicken/turkey to a medium bowl.


Zest the lemon and chop the basil.


Add the zest, lemon, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and mayonnaise to the chicken.


Stir until it's well blended. 


For the creamy Italian dressing, mix together:
3 tablespoons Duke's mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese



Blend with a whisk until smooth and creamy.


I'm addicted to chopped salad. JD's brother got me hooked on them and let me tell you he really knows how to put one together!
Chop the lettuce.


Finely chop the tomatoes.


And cucumbers...


Banana peppers...


Scallions...


Red and green peppers... and whatever else you might want to throw in for good measure!


Arrange it all on a platter.


Top with the chicken salad...


And ta-dum! You have a yummy dinner!


I threw on some toasted croutons and sunflower seeds. I adore sunflower seeds on salads!

Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment