Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Patty Pleaser!

I had been craving a patty melt for a couple of weeks and I was not disappointed at all when I finally made it happen. I didn't follow a recipe, I just created the taste I was after as I went along. I understand that the patty should have been less thick but for some reason my brain doesn't register thin when it comes to a burger of any kind...


If you would like to make the cheesy roasted potatoes pictured above, click on the link below. They're good stuff too!

Easy oven roasted, cheesy potatoes

Ingredients for 2 servings:                                          
                                                 
1 pound ground beef
garlic salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce for the patties
2 slices Swiss cheese
1 medium onion
additional Worcestershire sauce for the onions
1/2 cup water
4 slices white, wheat or rye bread toasted


Divide the burger in half and make into two patties. Shape them to be as thin as a half pound of burger can be. Hint: it isn't easy to make that amount of burger thin...
Sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper on both sides. Add the Worcestershire sauce to the tops of the patties slowly, letting it sink into the meat.
Cook on medium heat in a cast iron skillet until the juices run clear. Remove the patties from the skillet and keep them warm in the oven set to low.


Slice the onion into rings and place them in the same skillet used to cook the patties. Add additional Worcestershire sauce and stir until the onions are just cooked but not yet tender.


Add the water and continue cooking until the onions are translucent.



Toast the bread slices. Add the cheese to the patties and return them to the warm oven until the cheese has melted. Place the patties on one slice of the bread and add the onions to the other. Now I had a little mustard on mine, while JD had a little Duke's mayonnaise on his. To each his own!


I hope you'll try these patty melts done my way. To be honest, I've never even looked at a recipe for them. For me it's all about the onions anyways!



No comments:

Post a Comment