Thursday, June 7, 2012

Oh So Easy,Cheesy Burger Tater Tot Casserole



Take Two. I posted this recipe a little while back, with no photos. That was because I was crazed with hunger and forgot to take the pics. So, here it is, in all of it's simple, cottage-liciousness!

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use the 99 percent fat free)
1- 32 ounce bag of Tater Tots
8 ounces Cheddar cheese, grated (why did I bother with ff soup?)

Preheat oven according to directions on Tater Tots


Brown the ground beef over medium heat. Add salt and pepper according to taste.


Spray an 8x8 or 9 inch round casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.


Drain any fat from the beef and place it in the bottom of the casserole dish.


Spread the soup on top of the beef. 


Arrange the Tater Tots on top of the soup and cook according to the directions on the Tater Tot package. 


When the Tater Tots have browned, remove the casserole from the oven and top with the cheese. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.


Return the casserole to the oven and bake until the cheese has melted. 


This is so good and so easy, it just doesn't seem right!

2 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty! I wonder what I could use instead of cream of mushroom (don't like mushrooms). This seems like a recipe that could come in real handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking either creamy onion or cream of celery...let me know if you try one and how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete