Monday, June 25, 2012

Devilish Egg Sandwiches!



I don't know what it is with me and the lemons this summer, but once again I've added a little twist to a simple sandwich and it did NOT disappoint! It wasn't lemons I used but lemon pepper in the recipe. WOW! Now I can't wait to try it in deviled eggs!

Ingredients for four servings:
six boiled eggs
3 to 4 tablespoons Duke's mayonnaise
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

I didn't take any pics of the eggs boiling or me peeling them, though I guess I should have.
Just picture it!
Place six eggs in a medium pot and cover with water. Heat the stove on high. When the eggs start to boil, turn the heat to medium high and let them boil for twelve minutes. Remove from heat and run cold water over them until they're cool enough to touch. Peel the eggs and dry them with paper towels. 


Now grate the eggs into a medium bowl. 'Cause that's much easier than mashing them with a fork :)


I like easy...


Add the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and lemon pepper.



Mix until it's all blended in it's creamy goodness and spread it onto the freshest white bread you can possibly find.


Now be a true gourmand like myself and serve it with potato chips and homemade green tomato pickles...
At least the pickles were homemade!


No comments:

Post a Comment