Friday, April 20, 2012

Easy,Cheesy Coleslaw


I love a good pinto bean supper, and this one didn't disappoint! 




Ever had cheese in your coleslaw? My BFF mentioned that her mother made slaw this way once and I was intrigued. That was over thirty years ago and I'm still intruiged! It's wonderful! Of course when you think about it, adding cheese to anything is usually a good idea...


Ingredients for four servings:
1/2 small head cabbage
5 tablespoons Duke's mayonnaise
1/2 cup grated, sharp Cheddar cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

 
Grate the cabbage into a medium bowl.


Add the remaining ingredients.

Mix until well blended.


I realize that this meal is the simplest of simple, but sometimes less truly is more...

Recipes for cornbread and pinto beans below.


No comments:

Post a Comment