Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Pea Salad




I know, I'm not a huge fan of English peas either, but!!!! I love this salad! I could eat the entire big bowl of it right now and would except for the fact that I'm taking it to a gathering this evening. Of course the salad and I could just stay at the cottage...



1- 32 ounce bag frozen English peas
2 hard boiled eggs
half of a small onion, grated
1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup Duke's mayonnaise
couple of dashes of lemon-pepper seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon salt














Place the peas into a 2 quart casserole dish and cover with water.











Cover the casserole and microwave on high for about eight minutes, just until they're thawed.




Drain the peas in a colander.











Place the peas and cheese into a large bowl and grate the eggs into the bowl.











Now grate the onion right on top.













Add the mayonnaise, lemon juice and seasonings, mix well.

I like it served on lettuce leaves as a side dish with just about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment