Monday, April 23, 2012

Three Ingredient Homemade Rolls


So who knew you could make rolls with only three simple ingredients? 
I didn't until I found this recipe in a church cookbook that I received as a wedding present (the first wedding) more than thirty years ago. I can't begin to count the times I've served these rolls through the years, they're so easy and tasty! (And yes I went to the marriage rodeo one more time. Twice was enough for me. I'm all good!)
 Back to the rolls...


For the rolls:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

2 cups self-rising flour 
1 cup whole milk
3 tablespoons mayonnaise

Makes sixteen mini rolls or ten to twelve standard size rolls

Add the mayonnaise to the middle of the flour

Mix it in adding flour from the sides until it's completely incorporated into the flour

Add the milk to the middle of the bowl

Stir in the milk starting in the middle

Add the flour from the sides of the bowl, stirring with each addition of flour

Keep stirring in the flour until it's well mixed

Spoon into ungreased mini muffin pan

Bake for ten to twelve minutes or until slightly golden

Brush with melted butter while they're still warm. These are also wonderful served split and filled with my chicken salad recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment